¹ Treo 700w Smartphone newbie -- IE question - Thoughts Media Forums

Windows Phone Thoughts - Daily News, Views, Rants and Raves

Check out the hottest Windows Mobile devices at our Expansys store!

Digital Home Thoughts

Loading feed...

Laptop Thoughts

Loading feed...

Android Thoughts

Loading feed...

Go Back   Thoughts Media Forums > WINDOWS PHONE THOUGHTS > Windows Phone Talk

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-09-2006, 06:27 PM
jearvizu
Neophyte
Default Treo 700w Smartphone newbie -- IE question

Hello, I just recived and activated a Treo 700w Smartphone (Windows Mobile 5) device for the purpose of evaluation. With the device I am able to connect to the INternet and browse just fine. Part of my evaluation involves the need to access a particular website which contains a link to what is essentially a Microsoft Access Data Access Page (an MS Access form which Access publishes as an HTML page linking back to the actual MDB database file). The issue is that while browsing the web and visiting sites, I have no browser issues. However, when accessing this Access link (which, by the way, works fine on a PC), I get a message on the Treo saying that IE 5.0 or later is required. I'm gonna guess that the HTML code produced by MSAccess is requiring a "PC-grade" IE, and that whatever implementation of IE Windows Mobile 5 has is likely lacking something MSAccess's HTML code requires. If this is the case, is there a way to get around this? I realize that this sounds like an MSAccess question more. I'm just looking for input from the perspective of Windows Mobile 5 and what one should expect (or not). I will post this same question on a MSAccess forum so that it can be looked at from that perspective as wel. I appreciate any input someone might have on this issue.