¹ Vetran PPC user with basic Smartphone questions - Thoughts Media Forums

Windows Phone Thoughts - Daily News, Views, Rants and Raves

Check out the hottest Windows Mobile devices at our Expansys store!

Digital Home Thoughts

Loading feed...

Laptop Thoughts

Loading feed...

Android Thoughts

Loading feed...

Go Back   Thoughts Media Forums > WINDOWS PHONE THOUGHTS > Windows Phone Talk

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-01-2006, 12:03 AM
brianchris
Philosopher
Default Vetran PPC user with basic Smartphone questions

Although I'm a veteran PPC user (including using the new and spectacular 8125), my wife has purchased and is really enjoying the 2125 Smartphone. She expects me to know a lot about the device, as she doesn't understand they are different operating systems.

So, I'll use this thread to ask some (shockingly) basic questions, starting with:

-Can you have a permanent shortcut on the home screen (say, to the calculator)? I know the home screen lists the last five or so apps used, but she wants a permanent shortcut or two on the home screen....is this possible?

-Homescreen designer looks awsome, but it doesn't seem to be compatible with WM5....any alternatives?

-Ringtones CAN be stored on the storage card, as long as they are placed in a user created directory called: \Storage Card\Application Data\Sounds.....correct?

-I know there is a dock with large speakers that is said to be compatible with the 2125 ( http://www.smartphonethoughts.com/fo...ic.php?p=66585 ), but is there a smaller, more traditional cradle for this phone yet? If not, any hope of one becoming availible?

-How about the avabilility of a car charger? I've heard chatter that the SMT5600 car charger should work fine, but I'd rather have some consensus before I risk frying her phone.

That's it for now, but I'm sure there will be more questions soon....thanks in advance!