Windows Phone Thoughts - Daily News, Views, Rants and Raves

Check out the hottest Windows Mobile devices at our Expansys store!

Digital Home Thoughts

Loading feed...

Laptop Thoughts

Loading feed...

Android Thoughts

Loading feed...

Go Back   Thoughts Media Forums > WINDOWS PHONE THOUGHTS > Windows Phone Talk

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-08-2005, 08:51 PM
Mark Kenepp
Thinker
Default Exchange Server ActiveSync Failure

One of the staff here in my office has a Samsung i600 that he has been using to sync his email with our Exchange Server successfully for some time now.

In the past few days, I performed an offline defrag of the Private Information Store. Since then, his phone has failed to sync to the server, generating the following error on the phone:

Quote:
Synchronization failed due to an error on the server. Try again later.

Error code: SYNC_5
On the Exchange Server, the following error appears in the event log:

Quote:
Unexpected Exchange mailbox Server error: Server: [exchange server] User: [username] HTTP status code: [502]. Verify that the Exchange mailbox Server is working correctly.
I have been forced to perform the offline defrag many times in the past and problems have always popped up as a result. Backups always fail after the offline defrag but this is the first time I have done the offline defrag since I have set up this individuals phone (or any other server activesync for that matter) to sync with the server.

Has anyone else experienced this problem?

More importantly, does anyone have a solution?

I suspect that this problem relates to the problem with the backups failing (backups fail with an access denied error when connecting to the message store) and I wish I can remember what I did to fix it in the past. My recollection was that I just restarted the Exchange Server and created new backup jobs, though a test on that theory earlier today was unsuccessful.

Hopefully, this forum is full of Exchange 2003 gurus who use Server ActiveSync, and possible Backup Exec 10.0 :wink:

TIA