Zune Thoughts

Zune Thoughts.com

Thanks for visiting Zune Thoughts - be sure to register in our forums!

Laptop Thoughts

Loading feed...

Windows Phone Thoughts

Loading feed...

Digital Home Thoughts

Loading feed...

Go Back   Thoughts Media Forums > ZUNE THOUGHTS > Zune Talk

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-01-2006, 10:00 PM
Jason Dunn
Executive Editor
Default zuneMAX Interviews David Caulton

http://www.zunemax.com/the-zune/zune-crew-interview-episode-one-dave-caulton

"When the guys from Zune started granting interviews we wanted to do one Zune MAX style. We decided to interview each of the Microsoft Zune employees with a blog in one huge interview but that may be too much. We figure there must be more then these three great people working on the Zune but these are the ones with Zune blogs and they were the only people that would answer our questions anyway. We could probably make this the longest blog post ever but you really want to get to these interviews. Theres some juicy tidbits of Zune information in here for those of us starved for some Zune news. Without further delays ZuneMAX.com brings you the first installment of the Zune Crew Interview series."

zuneMAX has an interview up with David Caulton that has a bit of history about David's time at Microsoft and his role on the Zune team. One interesting technical note from the interview: the Zune desktop software will apparently have the ability to manually set the cache size for transcoding videos. That's an important feature to have, because Windows Media Player 10 lacks it and I recently discovered 5 GB worth of temporary video files from completed transcodes.