Windows Phone Thoughts - Daily News, Views, Rants and Raves

Check out the hottest Windows Mobile devices at our Expansys store!

Digital Home Thoughts

Loading feed...

Laptop Thoughts

Loading feed...

Android Thoughts

Loading feed...

Go Back   Thoughts Media Forums > WINDOWS PHONE THOUGHTS > Windows Phone News

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 07-07-2005, 07:00 PM
Mike Temporale
Editor Emeritus
Default France Telecom and Microsoft Work Together to make Windows Mobile and Telephony To Converge

http://www.geekzone.co.nz/content.asp?contentid=4791

"France Telecom and Microsoft are presenting the first initiatives resulting of a partnership announced in 29 June 2005. The partnership announced then was set as a strategic deal to co-develop innovative products and technologies. The first effort is a next-generation service platform to enable the aggregation and delivery of a wide variety of services, including voice, video and data. ...The next initiative is a joint collaboration to bring customers in many countries a series of feature-rich, easy-to-use VoIP phones developed by France Telecom and based on Microsoft software. These VoIP phones include the LivePhone, the first WiFi broadband Smartphone developed by France Telecom for its Home segment. The LivePhone will be connected to the France Telecom home gateway (LiveBox) and services. The Homezone, developed by France Telecom is a seamless service for communications on the move and at home, using a dual-radio GSM / WiFi mobile VoIP device which will evolve to become a Smartphone based on the Windows Mobile platform."

It's nice to see a telephone company that is openly embracing VoIP. I wonder how long before these products make it to the market?