Windows Phone Thoughts - Daily News, Views, Rants and Raves

Check out the hottest Windows Mobile devices at our Expansys store!

Digital Home Thoughts

Loading feed...

Laptop Thoughts

Loading feed...

Android Thoughts

Loading feed...

Go Back   Thoughts Media Forums > WINDOWS PHONE THOUGHTS > Windows Phone Hardware > Motorola Windows Phones

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 06-16-2005, 05:00 AM
John Cody
Theorist
Default Looking for a few comments about the mpx-220

Hey all,

Well, verizon just pushed me too far...

I just "upgraded" my i600 to the newer 2003 OS (I know, I waited a long time, and now I have a serious problem (to me at least). I am always recording voice notes <plug> using my app "Vnotes" </plug>, and the mic volume is way too low to be useful. I mean, I have to practically scream into the mic, then have the playback volume set to max, then hold my ear to the speaker to make out what I said!

The mic volume was fine when I had the 2002 OS, so I didn't think it was the hardware at fault. But, verizon still had to send me 2 exchange phones, and they both had the same problem. I eventually called samsung and they confirmed it to be a problem, and they also confirmed they will not be fixing it

Since I need this feature to be working, I have to ditch the i600, and I am seriously thinking about switching to the mpx-220. My friend has the 5600, and it is a great phone, it's just that my preference is flip vs. candy bar. Another friend has the mpx-220, so I have played with it, and the only thing what I didn't like, but could live with, was the kinda-saturated display as if the contrast was set too low, but the screen was very bright.

So, I have tried to follow all the threads in this forum, but I am kind of confused about some issues and was hoping someone could shed some light on them:

1) Have all the issues (especially volume and camera) been fixed with the latest ROM version?

1a) What is the latest ROM version that I should make sure I get?

1b) Besides turning the phone on, I think I heard that there was a way to figure out the rom version via a colored sticker on the box...what color should I look for?

2) Where do you recommend I buy one from?

3) Am I forgetting any other issue?

Any help will be greatly appreciated!

-John Cody
Verizon -> Cingular switcher!