¹ Russell Beattie Thinks Bill Gates Doesn't "Get" the Phone Market - Thoughts Media Forums

Windows Phone Thoughts - Daily News, Views, Rants and Raves

Check out the hottest Windows Mobile devices at our Expansys store!

Digital Home Thoughts

Loading feed...

Laptop Thoughts

Loading feed...

Android Thoughts

Loading feed...

Go Back   Thoughts Media Forums > WINDOWS PHONE THOUGHTS > Windows Phone Articles & Resources

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 05-04-2005, 09:00 AM
Jason Dunn
Executive Editor
Default Russell Beattie Thinks Bill Gates Doesn't "Get" the Phone Market

http://www.russellbeattie.com/notebook/1008447.html

"Peter Rojas from Engadget just gave Bill Gates the third degree about the next version of the XBox and more importantly, about Windows Mobile. The results were astoundingly clear. Where Bill was able to articulate the vision for the next version of XBox and give straight answers to what it does and doesn't do (it's not going to be a media center, for example), he was clearly befuddled at the mobile market and tried to spin and create FUD, but not really doing either very well. I think Peter did a great job of not just nodding along to Bill's first opaque answers to his Windows Mobile questions. He kept trying to get Bill to explain his vision and clarify Microsoft Mobile strategy in a competitive market and to me, it just came across as Bill just not getting it. At all. I mean, hey, Bill's the richest guy on the planet, not me... so you can be the judge who really gets it. But in this case, I think he's being as short sighted as the original version of The Road Ahead which if you remember, forgot to mention the Internet... in 1995."

Russell Beattie, Nokia fan and avowed Microsoft "disliker" ;-), has written a response to the engadget Gates interview. What do you think? Is Russell on the money, and is Gates missing the big picture? Or he is more clued in than he lets on?