¹ Software Subscriptions: Good or Bad? - Thoughts Media Forums

Windows Phone Thoughts - Daily News, Views, Rants and Raves

Check out the hottest Windows Mobile devices at our Expansys store!

Digital Home Thoughts

Loading feed...

Laptop Thoughts

Loading feed...

Android Thoughts

Loading feed...

Go Back   Thoughts Media Forums > WINDOWS PHONE THOUGHTS > Windows Phone Talk

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04-05-2005, 04:30 AM
Mike Temporale
Editor Emeritus
Default Software Subscriptions: Good or Bad?

http://www.geekzone.co.nz/content.asp?contentid=4321

"Mini-rant time: subscription services are a good business model. Being in the industry I know this is one of the few sure ways to maintain a continuous flow of revenue, when the price is right and the service is good. However, it must be done in a easy way for both the user and the distributor. I have just had a bad example now. I have bought WorldMate for Windows Mobile Smartphone to write a review. The functionality in the software is great, and the software is completely, 100% subscription based. But not all functionality seems to be working ok. And the one failing right now is the one that manages the subscription."

When WorldMate was released a couple weeks back, I expressed my concerns about the subscription based application, and it looks like I'm not alone. Mauricio from Geekzone.co.nz is having more than a couple headaches trying to use and enjoy this software. While subscriptions do have a place, I don't think mobile software is the place for them. What do you think? Are subscriptions a good thing and are you willing to shell out $20 a year just to use a mobile application?