Apple Thoughts

Loading feed...

Go Back   Thoughts Media Forums > Thoughts Media Off Topic

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-03-2005, 10:00 PM
Mike Temporale
Editor Emeritus
Default Microsoft Techfest - A Sneak Peak at What the Future has to Offer

http://archives.seattletimes.nwsource.com/cgi-bin/texis.cgi/web/vortex/display?slug=msftresearch03&date=20050303

"Microsoft Techfest ...is designed to expose employees to projects being developed in Redmond and Microsoft laboratories around the world. Employees have a hard time following who is working on what in such a large company, and Techfest tries to connect some and inspire others. Chairman Bill Gates is expected to tour the event today and might even take in a lecture on such topics as "bridging the gap between science data and databases" or "impromptu communication." Reporters were allowed in yesterday, but Microsoft kept them away from all but a few inventions."

User submitted image

One of the projects that reporters got to see at Techfest was remote picture browsing using Windows Media Center and a Windows Mobile Smartphone. Bill also ran a demo of this in his keynote speech for ES earlier this year. This is one project that I am really interested in. Now that I have my Media Center all setup and I have remote record running. I want to browse my pictures without taking them all with me!