Apple Thoughts

Loading feed...

Go Back   Thoughts Media Forums > Thoughts Media Off Topic

Old 02-25-2005, 08:00 PM
Jerry Raia
Editor Emeritus
Default Wind-Powered Cell Phones

http://www.gizmodo.com/gadgets/cellphones/windpowered-cell-phones-034038.php

"Students at the Indian Institute of Technology have developed a pocket-sized turbine that attaches to your cellphone to charge it. Best suited for use in costal areas with near-constant wind flow or long talks with your mother, the device can also be used during travel as long as you set it up against the wind. The idea is to allow mobile users to charge and continue using their phone when they�re away from electricity, which is fine idea, but does the turbine give off a Pine-Fresh scent, or Cool Mountain Breeze? Because if not I can think of a way to overclock this thing."

Oh the places I could go with this one. I was hoping for a picture or two. We can only use our imagination for this one. Anyone care to speculate what it might look like?

Old 02-26-2005, 06:10 AM
Kris Kumar
Editor Emeritus

I am never able to use my Smartphone outside when it is windy or even breezy. Not sure if this is a cool idea.

Old 02-26-2005, 02:12 PM
Mike Temporale
Editor Emeritus

sounds like an interesting solution, but wouldn't solar power be better? Or maybe some combination of the two?

Old 03-14-2005, 05:45 PM
Vuvision
Ponderer

I thought the Indian Instutute of Technology is among the elite of the elite school, and this wind powered charger gizmo broke the news :confused totally:.

Better yet, I can use this device and place it on boss man's desk ... lots of hot air blowing through that office :wink: .

Old 03-15-2005, 04:09 AM
Kris Kumar
Editor Emeritus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vuvision
I thought the Indian Instutute of Technology is among the elite of the elite school, ...
It is...it is.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vuvision
...place it on boss man's desk ... lots of hot air blowing ...
India has a lot of politicians. ;-)

Old 03-28-2005, 05:30 PM
BR
Pupil

the looks of this one is a good question . . . all i can imagine is that is would not be a convenient phone to get in your pocket