Windows Phone Thoughts - Daily News, Views, Rants and Raves

Check out the hottest Windows Mobile devices at our Expansys store!

Digital Home Thoughts

Loading feed...

Laptop Thoughts

Loading feed...

Android Thoughts

Loading feed...

Go Back   Thoughts Media Forums > WINDOWS PHONE THOUGHTS > Windows Phone Software

Old 01-11-2005, 07:00 PM
Jerry Raia
Editor Emeritus
Default Get Notified - SMSNotify 2004 Version 2.2

http://www.smartphone.net/smartphonethoughts/software_detail.asp?id=978

"SMSNotify reads contacts from your devices memory and from the mobile phone number field, not the sim card. A free application to convert numbers from other fields into the mobile number field can be arranged on request. SMSNotify now has SPAM Guard integrated within it. SPAM Guard allows you to filter out messages from contacts that contain offensive material or are not contained within your devices address book."

User submitted image

This looks good. I'm curious though. Is anyone getting spam SMS messages? You can download a trial version, or purchase the full application for $14.50 here. [Affiliate]

Old 01-13-2005, 11:38 PM
kagayaki1
Thinker

I guess it depends on how you define "spam." Just by voting on American Idol with my cell phone last year, AT&T thought it would be OK to send all kinds of reminder notices (about 8 over the course of the season), and then a few unrelated ones for new ringtones, etc.

And, yes, they even charged me $0.10 per message for them. We had a conversation and those went away. It wasn't much, but it's the principle that counts. I wonder if a program that blocked unsolicited SMS messages would prevent carrier required updates via SMS...?