¹ Bill Gates Keynote At CES - Thoughts Media Forums

Windows Phone Thoughts - Daily News, Views, Rants and Raves

Check out the hottest Windows Mobile devices at our Expansys store!

Digital Home Thoughts

Loading feed...

Laptop Thoughts

Loading feed...

Android Thoughts

Loading feed...

Go Back   Thoughts Media Forums > WINDOWS PHONE THOUGHTS > Windows Phone Talk

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 01-06-2005, 05:32 AM
Mike Temporale
Editor Emeritus
Default Bill Gates Keynote At CES

I've just finished watching Bill Gates keynote speech at CES and I must say, Bill and guests talked about some really cool things. There was no big Smartphone or Windows Mobile announcement, but don't let that turn you off. Bill did manage to squeeze in the small fact that there are currently 68 mobile operators with Windows Mobile devices in 28 different countries. As well, Bill picked up an Audiovox SMT5600 and showed off a new feature called remote photo browsing, which allows you to wirelessly sync pictures from your Media Center PC to your Smartphone while you're on the go!

Overall, it was a great presentation. I really enjoyed the SBC demo that showed how you will be able to customize your TV viewing experience. Very cool stuff. However, things didn't run as nice as you would expect. The first demo of the night was for Media Center, and it crashed bad. Then a couple minutes later, Conan announced that the problem was fixed, and they attempted it again. Of course, the outcome was no better the second time around. 8O

Oh, and I don't know who setup that stage, but Bill was sitting way to low in comparison to Conan. He should have been raised up at least 12 - 18 inches.