Windows Phone Thoughts - Daily News, Views, Rants and Raves

Check out the hottest Windows Mobile devices at our Expansys store!

Digital Home Thoughts

Loading feed...

Laptop Thoughts

Loading feed...

Android Thoughts

Loading feed...

Go Back   Thoughts Media Forums > WINDOWS PHONE THOUGHTS > Windows Phone Hardware > Motorola Windows Phones

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 01-05-2005, 08:08 PM
wolf55
Neophyte
Default HELP for all my fellow mpx220 user (MUST READ)

hello all this is my first post here, but i posted useful information on other forums that i believe will help you out, they have been copied and pasted below. first is about the dread earpiece i believ my info works for all firmwares actually it can't do anything but help. The second post is for those on the wall about buying an mpx220, my experience with it, and other issues that even mpx220 OWNERs might find useful.

howl back if any of this has been useful to you (thats the least you can do)

love,

the wolf.

I have had 2 1.3 firmware phones one the earpiece speaker (not the speakerphone speaker) started to crackle on me but i think that is partly my fault cuz when you put the phone on outdoor profile (LOUD setting)and you put the earpiece volume all the way up the voice regoniton beeps are ear deafening and that might have blown the speaker, but the second on I got has no problems, but i made sure to keep the earpiece and sound system values low (changed them for all profile settings). But Here are 2 other tidbits

There are 2 voulume setting a lot of people are unaware of this now here are there exact names and excatly what they do.

1. "Earpiece volume" when not on a call you can access this by just press the volume button on the side of the phone up or down. All this controls is the volume of you system sounds, like confirmation click sound, and all the voice recognition sounds, I also believe that it might slightly affect your ringtone voulume level, but have not confirmed this.

2. "Call volume" now this one I believe eludes people because you can ONLY access it while actually on a phone call (again with the side voulume buttons), see now I think that a lot of people don't put this on maxium and that is why the have such a hard time hearing, give it a try let me know how it goes.

my setting I put my phone on outdour with all the settings to vibrate and ring (at same time) and all setting to "LOUD (number 5)" except for system soud with I put to 1 and then just crank up the "earpiece" voulme to max.

keep in mind all these setting only work this way (so far as I know, cuz i havent tested other settings)on the 1.3 firmware

Please guy contribute and post your results using this stuff to see if it really helps

thank

howl back at me!!!