¹ Verizon Wireless to Offer Enhanced PIM Functionality - Thoughts Media Forums

Windows Phone Thoughts - Daily News, Views, Rants and Raves

Check out the hottest Windows Mobile devices at our Expansys store!

Digital Home Thoughts

Loading feed...

Laptop Thoughts

Loading feed...

Android Thoughts

Loading feed...

Go Back   Thoughts Media Forums > WINDOWS PHONE THOUGHTS > Windows Phone News

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-28-2004, 01:45 PM
Mike Temporale
Editor Emeritus
Default Verizon Wireless to Offer Enhanced PIM Functionality

http://news.vzw.com/news/2004/10/pr2004-10-25a.html

"Verizon Wireless, the nation’s leading wireless service provider, today announced it will offer an Enhanced Personal Information Management (ePIM) enhancement for Pocket Outlook on the Microsoft Windows Mobile 2003 platform. This enhancement, exclusive to Verizon Wireless customers, gives business customers with Pocket Outlook utilizing Exchange Server 2003 four new and exclusive ePIM functionalities.Available with both Microsoft QuickStart and SmartStart programs for Exchange Server 2003 Mobile Messaging, the new functionalities include:
  • Exchange Server 2003 global address list lookup;
  • Meeting scheduling for mobile users with other contacts;
  • The ability to view free and busy time of other contacts;
  • Access summary information about a scheduled meeting after a meeting request has been configured."
It looks like Jason's complaint about being unable to invite attendees to meetings scheduled on your Smartphone has been solved. Of course, this is only a solution for Verizon customers.