Windows Phone Thoughts - Daily News, Views, Rants and Raves

Check out the hottest Windows Mobile devices at our Expansys store!

Digital Home Thoughts

Loading feed...

Laptop Thoughts

Loading feed...

Android Thoughts

Loading feed...

Go Back   Thoughts Media Forums > WINDOWS PHONE THOUGHTS > Windows Phone Talk

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-10-2004, 03:27 PM
Parker51
Neophyte
Default Smartphones: pda replacement?

Hello -

New here. I've been more than patient in the replacement of my Treo 180 as my pda. I love the concept of converging phone and pda into one device. Alas, I've had my share of "issues" with the unit, and had to buy a Nokia 6590i to use as a phone. So, I'm back to two devices. Despite the 6590's valiant efforts to sync with Outlook, it's got some limitations, hence the pda. Nothing new to you, I suppose.

I hadn't given much thought to the Smartphones, as I've yet to see one in the flesh. However, after stumbling upon pics of the Moto mpx 100 and 300, I'm interested in knowing more about these phones.

So, here are the Qs.

1. Do they really substitute a pda? As in, do you no longer use your palm or ppc?
2. Are they as easy to use as a pda, what with the lack of a stylus?
3. Can you use some ppc software with the pda (granted, lack of a stylus may render many apps unusable)?

And two very important Qs:

4. How's the reception? Any good? Treo owners past or present are welcome to answer this one!
5. Are any of you using the Smartphone on Cingular (you must'va likely unlocked it and so on)?

Thanks!