¹ CNET Reviews the i600 - Thoughts Media Forums

Windows Phone Thoughts - Daily News, Views, Rants and Raves

Check out the hottest Windows Mobile devices at our Expansys store!

Digital Home Thoughts

Loading feed...

Laptop Thoughts

Loading feed...

Android Thoughts

Loading feed...

Go Back   Thoughts Media Forums > WINDOWS PHONE THOUGHTS > Windows Phone Hardware

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 12-08-2003, 06:20 PM
Robert Levy
Philosopher
Default CNET Reviews the i600

http://reviews.cnet.com/Samsung_SCH_i600/4505-6452_7-30600476.html?tag=dir

"Samsung currently has two very similar-looking smart phones on the market, the i500 and i600, but they run very different operating systems. While the former has a touch screen and is powered by the Palm OS, the i600 runs Microsoft's Windows Mobile 2002, a stripped-down version of the Pocket PC OS. There's a lot to like about this well-designed, feature-rich model for Verizon Wireless. However, the lack of a built-in keyboard limits the i600's wireless e-mail prowess. In other words, this won't replace a BlackBerry."

The main gripe is that the lack of an integrated keyboard means that sending emails from the device isn't a very positive experience. Compared to a BlackBerry, he's probably right... but the trade off is that a Smartphone can do far more than any BlackBerry can. Personally, I don't think composing emails is too difficult once you've master T9 (which, unfortunately, few people on this side of the pond have taken the time to do), learn to be brief, and take advantage of the "insert voice recording" feature that lets you record a WAV file that gets attached to the message.