Laptop Thoughts - News & Reviews on Laptops, Netbooks, Slates, and More

Be sure to register in our forums! Share your opinions, help others, and enter our contests.

Android Thoughts

Loading feed...

Windows Phone Thoughts

Loading feed...

Digital Home Thoughts

Loading feed...

Go Back   Thoughts Media Forums > LAPTOP THOUGHTS > Laptop Thoughts Articles & Resources

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 07-05-2011, 08:00 PM
John London
Contributing Editor-in-Training
Send a message via MSN to John London
Default Lenovo ThinkPad T420s Review: Lightweight and Powerful

http://www.laptopmag.com/review/lap...kpad-t420s.aspx

Lenovo's ThinkPad T420s is the business user's ultimate Goldilocks notebook. At 14.1-inches and 4 pounds, the laptop is extremely light and portable, but large enough to provide a generous high-res screen, a powerful processor, and full-sized keyboard and touchpad. However, with a price of $1,349 (as configured), the ThinkPad T420s costs more than heavier 14-inch systems such as the ThinkPad T420 or the HP EliteBook 8460p. Spoiler alert: this lightweight notebook is worth the investment.

I have not used a ThinkPad since around Y2K. At that time I swore that I would never buy one.  Of course work bought them and even today the ThinkPad is still a business worrier’s tool. Boy has time change my thoughts.  First, it weights a mere 4lbs and less than a 1 inch thick. The build quality is excellent with the use of carbon fiber and plastics for durability, in case of a fall.  Even the screen is excellent for watching HD movies. The keyboard was even mentioned as having the ability to channel a spill (coffee or your favorite beverage) away from the computer.  Of course the downside is the cost. Time has changed the ThinkPad and is looking like a contender.  For you ThinkPad fans does this fit the bill?