Digital Home Thoughts

Digital Home Thoughts - News & Reviews for the Digital Home

Register in our forums so you're ready for our next giveaway contest...

Zune Thoughts

Loading feed...

Apple Thoughts

Loading feed...

Laptop Thoughts

Loading feed...

Go Back   Thoughts Media Forums > DIGITAL HOME THOUGHTS > Digital Home Articles & Resources

Old 01-04-2011, 08:38 PM
Jason Dunn
Executive Editor
Default The Critical Role of a Lightweight Gear Bag at CES

http://gigaom.com/mobile/ces-gear-bag/

"In what's become an annual tradition for six years now, here's a quick look at the gear I'm taking to cover the Consumer Electronics Show (CES). Last year, I did a video walkthough of the gear, but I'm already at Philadelphia International Airport, so a short post will have to do. This time around, my gear is more minimal than ever - even less than in 2008 when I worked the show with an ASUS Eee PC 701 netbook! Several of the gadgets with me are among my favorites from the last year; here's the list of what I'm carrying and why."

Travelling light for CES is indeed a core part of how to not kill yourself when covering the show; Kevin Tofel has a list of what he's carrying with him, and it's indeed a light-weight gear bag: 13" Macbook Air, Canon S95, Google Nexus One, and a Joby Gorillapod. I'm trying to travel light myself, but I'll be carrying a bit more gear: my Dell Vostro V13, my Panasonic GF-1, a Joby Gorillapod, my Canon HF-100 with a shotgun microphone, my LG Quantum phone, and a monopod that can transform into a tripod. Shooting high-quality video with decent audio is extremely important to me, so that's why I'm bringing a dedicated video camera. I'll be packing it in a Skooba Design bag of course - and I'll be carrying other odds and ends. I try to put some of the heavier stuff in my suitcase and only walk the show floor with what I need, no more.

When you travel, what does your gear bag look like?

Old 01-04-2011, 08:59 PM
entropy1980
Oracle

I'll be packing this on the floor of CES this year: Timbuk2 H.A.L

For gear:
  • Panasonic Lumix LX5
  • Macbook Pro 13"
  • Sprint Overdrive
  • iPhone 4

Should be a blast!