Android Thoughts - Opinions, News, Advice & Reviews on Android Devices

Be sure to register in our forums! Share your opinions, help others, and enter our contests.

Apple Thoughts

Loading feed...

Laptop Thoughts

Loading feed...

Digital Home Thoughts

Loading feed...

Go Back   Thoughts Media Forums > ANDROID THOUGHTS > Android Talk

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 12-17-2010, 12:39 PM
martin_ayton
Thinker
Default OK, it's here. Now, what do I put on it?

Right, I'm new to the whole Android scene, and I find myself with a shiny new Samsung Galaxy S. Once I have wrested it back from my sons, I'd like to know what I should put on it.

I want a navigation system that does not rely on a data connection, and which has maps for North America and Europe. I have been using TomTom to this point, but their tech support is horrible, so I'd be happy to switch.

I'd like to be able to edit basic documents and spreadsheets on the 'phone. Can I do that with a native app. or with Google docs, or do I need something else?

What is the best facebook app out there?

I want a good backup system that will backup to the SD card and, hopefully sync to my PC, or to the cloud. Any suggestions.

I run my personal finances from my phone. I have used SPB Finance to this point and like it a lot. What Android alternatives do you recommend?

Is there a 'find my phone' app around?

I'd like a decent Bible. I have a big investment in Laridian, so I'm hoping that the promised Android version of that will appear, but now is a good point to look at alternatives. Your suggestions?

What about the other stuff, that I don't know about but which I won't be able to live without once you have enlightened me?

I look forward in slavering anticipation to lots of helpful suggestions. Thanks, in advance!