Windows Phone Thoughts - Daily News, Views, Rants and Raves

Check out the hottest Windows Mobile devices at our Expansys store!

Digital Home Thoughts

Loading feed...

Laptop Thoughts

Loading feed...

Android Thoughts

Loading feed...

Go Back   Thoughts Media Forums > WINDOWS PHONE THOUGHTS > Windows Phone Software

Old 12-07-2010, 03:30 PM
Jon Westfall
Executive Editor, Android Thoughts
Default Wolverine's WP7 Lock Screen!

http://phone7.wordpress.com/2010/12...papers-for-wp7/

"YouTube often has the Wikipedia effect. I visit for a specific reason and end up on a completely unrelated subject and never leave bread crumbs to find out how I got there. Well, today I was on YouTube watching some physics videos and ended up with a trip down memory lane with the X-Men cartoon intro. With the theme tune on loop in my head whilst working on an app, I was inspired to take a break from development and update my lock-screen wallpaper on my device. I had an idea of creating (Wolverine-inspired) claw marks as part of the lock screen. All the wallpapers I've seen for Windows Phone 7 contain no transparency. I thought it would be cool to be able to display the home screen ‘through' the claw marks."

Imagine having that image above as your Windows Phone 7 Lock Screen image, and being able to see your start screen below where the "rips" are! Apparently it's do-able with the wonders of a PNG file with transparency. If you're not into the claw effect, this could be a great way to let you see just the information on your live tile without even having to unlock your phone! Quite cool!

Old 12-07-2010, 05:19 PM
Sven Johannsen
Editorial Contributor

That's neat. Thinking of trying this with a Window (real window) wallpaper with the Home Screen showning through the panes.

Funny about your Wikipedia excursion. I remember doing the same thing with actual encyclopedias as a kid. We had Britannica and World Book, and I would be looking something up for homework, something would catch my eye, which would lead to something else, etc. Often forgot what I as looking for in the first place.

Old 12-07-2010, 07:37 PM
Jason Dunn
Executive Editor

Haha, wow, that's really cool!