Digital Home Thoughts

Digital Home Thoughts - News & Reviews for the Digital Home

Register in our forums so you're ready for our next giveaway contest...

Zune Thoughts

Loading feed...

Apple Thoughts

Loading feed...

Laptop Thoughts

Loading feed...

Go Back   Thoughts Media Forums > DIGITAL HOME THOUGHTS > Digital Home News

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-02-2010, 09:00 PM
Hooch Tan
Contributing Editor
Send a message via ICQ to Hooch Tan Send a message via MSN to Hooch Tan Send a message via Yahoo to Hooch Tan
Default Logitech K750 has Seen the Light

http://hothardware.com/News/Logitec...-Keyboard-K750/

"The Wireless Solar Keyboard K750 is the company's first keyboard designed to be powered entirely by ambient light. That means that you can just use ambient, extra light in your office to power it; you don't need to be under direct sunlight. This is definitely a major step forward for keyboards, and it will be difficult to see too many companies ignoring this going forward."

Okay, I am going to say it.  Why did I not think of this?  It seems obvious now, especially when I think of all the calculators that are solar powered.  I could argue that maybe I thought that keyboards required more power than what solar cells could provide, but then again, we have keyboards that can last months, if not years on a single set of batteries.  I do not know if a solar powered mouse would work, since those can be covered up by the hand, but it is an intruiging possibility.  One thing of note though; the keyboard uses Logitech's new Unifying Receiver.  This is great as it saves USB ports, but if someone does go the all Logitech route, are they going to have several spare receivers just kicking around?