Android Thoughts - Opinions, News, Advice & Reviews on Android Devices

Be sure to register in our forums! Share your opinions, help others, and enter our contests.

Apple Thoughts

Loading feed...

Laptop Thoughts

Loading feed...

Digital Home Thoughts

Loading feed...

Go Back   Thoughts Media Forums > ANDROID THOUGHTS > Android News

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 09-16-2010, 08:30 PM
David Tucker
Contributing Editor Emeritus
Send a message via ICQ to David Tucker Send a message via AIM to David Tucker Send a message via MSN to David Tucker Send a message via Yahoo to David Tucker
Default Looxcie - Social Networking, Now With Video

http://www.looxcie.com/

"Heres a neat concept - take a bluetooth headset and throw in a camera that see's everything you see. Now add an Android app that allows you to turn your phone into a viewfinder, remote control, and editing tool for creating clips (up to 30 minutes in length), and you may as well be on your way to becoming a hybrid cyborg! This neat little device from Looxcie is perfect for those who are into almost-live vlogging (video blogging), or just want to take out the effort of transferring video and editing it on a computer to share with family and friends."

Definitely an interesting idea in our always connected world that we live in now. I personally wouldn't want to do this all the time but when I'm on vacation I think it would be a neat way to share some of the things I was doing. Combined with easy updating from an Android phone, this is at least a well implemented idea! The headset, which doubles as a normal BT headset for talking as well, looks very similar to the Plantronics Voyager Pro that I own. There's no confusing this with anything sleek though. Its going to be rather obvious on your ear so fashionistas need not apply!  Of course there is that $200 price to get past...