Android Thoughts - Opinions, News, Advice & Reviews on Android Devices

Be sure to register in our forums! Share your opinions, help others, and enter our contests.

Apple Thoughts

Loading feed...

Laptop Thoughts

Loading feed...

Digital Home Thoughts

Loading feed...

Go Back   Thoughts Media Forums > ANDROID THOUGHTS > Android News

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04-19-2012, 07:41 AM
bmurphy
Ponderer
Send a message via MSN to bmurphy
Smile Owner of "older" Tab 10.1 4G

I'm one of those older owners of Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1 4G ... (had it a month!)

I admit that I wanted to have the 8.9 Tab (smaller form factor for reading), but I am also hooked on 4G, and since the 10.1 4G was free with Telus's TV plan (BC), I couldn't talk them into sending the 8.9
I did manage to get them to upgrade to the 4G version so I'm happy about that!

I love it... I wished it was a bit smaller, but a fantastic case (Wardmaster Zen Case) took care of that holding issue, and I've been really pleased with video recordings - especially in low light - with sports (lots of movement). The videos come out crisp, clear and sharp, in an indoor arena with very little light. the sound is picked up beautifully as well. Altogether a great experience.
Reading is great, especially with Kindle for android, and since it is 4G, I don't have to look for internet.
I now know when all my emails come through... since it chimes at me - with different whistles for gmail, telus, and hotmail, so I don't miss any.
Since I haven't got anything that uses ICS, I really don't know what I'm missing. It would be nice if they upgraded, but I don't think that it is a big issue. (I might be wrong... don't know)
I read on multiple small netbooks, and I find that 7" is ok, 8.9 great, and thought that 10.1 was good, but smaller was lighter, but I'm now finding that I like the 10.1 screen and don't have any issues with it. It is rapidly becoming my primary reading platform.
We have 2 of these in the family, WiFi only and 4G. I recommend them to anyone!

One final thought... The price for the new ones sound great! 250! how can you beat that? I do think that the 4 G is the way to go... but that is just my preference, and was easily added to my data plan, so wasn't a big issue.
Samsung has put together a great line, which ever one you pick up (according to your personal budget), and anyone of them will satisfy I'm sure! The case that you finally get is a big issue - I totally recommend Wardmaster's Zen Case from Amazon. It is attractive and really protects as well as supplying a stand.

Last edited by bmurphy; 04-19-2012 at 07:53 AM.. Reason: adding more.