Apple Thoughts

Apple Thoughts - News & Reviews on all things Apple

Be sure to register in our forums and post your comments - we want to hear from you!

Android Thoughts

Loading feed...

Laptop Thoughts

Loading feed...

Digital Home Thoughts

Loading feed...

Go Back   Thoughts Media Forums > APPLE THOUGHTS > Apple iPhone, iPod Touch, iPad

Old 03-11-2012, 11:04 PM
Jeff Campbell
Executive Editor, Apple Thoughts
Default The New iPad, What You Need to Know

http://www.macworld.com/article/165...l#lsrc.rss_main

"With Apple's Wednesday introduction of the third-generation iPad, many of the questions people and pundits have spent the past few months obsessing over have been answered-but not all. We know it has a nicer screen, a faster processor, better cameras, 4G networking, and voice dictation. But even if you've read our live blog, chances are there are still bits of info you want to know. Here are all the details we've been able to dig up about Apple's newest tablet."

Macworld gives a nice rundown of what the new iPad is bringing to the table, an FAQ for potential buyers if you will. I know one thing for sure about the new iPad: my 32GB WiFi version will be delivered on March 16th. Anyone else pulling the trigger and picking up a new iPad? If so, what version and why? For me, based on experience with my 1st generation iPad, I have never missed having 3G on it. If I need connectivity, I just tether with my iPhone, but to be honest most of my usage is on WiFi. 32GB version might be a bit overkill for me, but I'd rather have too much than too little storage. Ok, now it's your turn!

Old 03-12-2012, 12:46 AM
Macguy59
Mystic

Ordered black 16GB w/LTE AT&T

Old 03-16-2012, 02:50 AM
karen
Thinker

I ordered black, 4G 64GB. The big enchilada.

I have a 1st Gen iPad and it's always with me. I need the 4G because:
  • Here in Canada, even in the outskirst of Toronto, there are miles and miles between hotspots
  • I travel a lot. There are plenty of places where wifi just isn't available. Like tarmacs and hotels.
  • It's unlocked and so my trips to Europe are easy. Just buy a new SIM and pop it in.
  • I could unlock my iPhone, but I'd rather not use up its battery

YMMV. I use the 3G on my iPad now frequently, even though I have a Boingo account and do have access to many wifi spots in the US and a few here in Toronto. Until phone battery lives match those of iPads (which they wont).

I know plenty of people who do find with wifi only devices. I don't. Then again, I rarely use my phone for phone calls. I'm wondering if I could just ditch having a phone...