Loading feed...

Apple Thoughts

Loading feed...

Go Back   Thoughts Media Forums > Thoughts Media Off Topic

Old 07-29-2004, 05:26 PM
Jason Dunn
Executive Editor
Default Euro Trip - Looking for Advice

Ok gang, I'm looking for some advice from the community. In June of 2005, my wife and I are planning a holiday to Scotland and Italy. We're booking it through our time-share, so we're spending one week in each place (this isn't one of those "stay one night in one place" kind of trips). In light of that, I'm looking for input on two things:

1) Where's a good location to stay in Scotland, and in Italy, that will be relatively close to the major tourist spots. We'll be doing day trips from our hotel/resort.

2) Where should we go? What are the places that are "must see" in both Scotland and in Italy? My wife and I are part Scottish by heritage, so that's more of an "ancestral trip", but I don't know much about where we should visit. Ditto for Italy - there's so much to see I'm not sure where to start. :-)

I know it's a broad question, but any feedback/ideas would be fantastic! Thanks everyone. :way to go:

Old 07-29-2004, 06:16 PM
Mike Temporale
Editor Emeritus

A Europe trip is something my wife and I have been talking about for years. That and a West Coast of Canada trip. Years ago we agreed to do Europe before we turn 35. We still have a little more time. :wink: But we really should get in gear and do something about it, instead of just talking. :lol:

As for places to stay, or things to see... I'm afraid that I can't offer much insight.

Old 07-29-2004, 09:54 PM
Santa Fe
Thinker

I favor Tuscany in Italy. Lots of little towns with things to do and see AND eat. Lake Cumo is a good place to shop and dine as well. And of course see Rome and all its wonders. Oh wait, you are only gone for a couple of weeks. Really all of Italy and its citizens will delight you.

I'm part Scot as well. Bring a well tuned ear. The language is a wee bit difficult to understand until you've had a few pints...