Android Thoughts - Opinions, News, Advice & Reviews on Android Devices

Be sure to register in our forums! Share your opinions, help others, and enter our contests.

Apple Thoughts

Loading feed...

Laptop Thoughts

Loading feed...

Digital Home Thoughts

Loading feed...

Go Back   Thoughts Media Forums > ANDROID THOUGHTS > Android Slates/Tablets & Accessories

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-26-2010, 03:44 AM
Macguy59
Mystic

Little OT but I bought a Verizon branded version last week to play with. Taking it back tomorrow but it was an impressive tablet. I was able to duplicate most of the apps I use on my iPad with the exception of a Netflix and USA Today app. The screen was better IMO and overall seemed slightly quicker. Deal breaker problems for me was no sync software (there are 3rd party solutions but I had to hunt for them) and the Android browser always identified itself as Android which meant I was served up a mobile version of the site. Yes there are 3rd party browsers like Dolphin HD that can make UserAgent as Desktop or iPhone as sticky but the stock browser should have that as the default. After even more searching I found that entering "debug:useragent" in the address field yields a menu with Android - Desktop - iPhone as options but there is no way to make it sticky. iPad wins handily in ease of use and the quality of apps available for it. Especially games which are sorely lacking in the Android Market. If you are already an Android fan, I can see it appealing to you but I don't see it gaining converts.

Last edited by Macguy59; 11-26-2010 at 03:50 AM..