Apple Thoughts

Apple Thoughts - News & Reviews on all things Apple

Be sure to register in our forums and post your comments - we want to hear from you!

Android Thoughts

Loading feed...

Laptop Thoughts

Loading feed...

Digital Home Thoughts

Loading feed...

Go Back   Thoughts Media Forums > APPLE THOUGHTS > Apple Articles & Resources

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 06-28-2010, 11:38 PM
Jason Dunn
Executive Editor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dyvim View Post
I tried to smother my iPhone 4 today and couldn't get signal strength to drop below 5 bars. I specifically tried to bridge the gap between the separate antennas to not avail. So it's not all phones in all locations.
Seems like the sweat factor plays a key role - the moisture is the conductive tipping point...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dyvim View Post
I agree that the location of the SD slot on the new mini was a bonehead move (so are the USB slots for that matter- at least half could be up front). I suppose we should be grateful that Steve saw fit to include one at all.
It's just so laughably un-usable...yet I've yet to see a review of the new Mac Mini that takes Apple to task for their idiotic placement of it. I guess I'm too new of a Mac owner to feel grateful when Apple adds something that should have been there years ago and does a piss-poor job of placing it in a usable spot.

Sure, I like the clean lines of the Mac Mini, but functionality also matters a great deal. In my particular instance, it might not be too bad - I'm planning on putting the Mac Mini above my monitor on a shelf, so I should be able to reach the SD card slot without too much trouble. But for others in a more typical computer setup, it's stupid (and so are the USB port placements).