Windows Phone Thoughts - Daily News, Views, Rants and Raves

Check out the hottest Windows Mobile devices at our Expansys store!

Digital Home Thoughts

Loading feed...

Laptop Thoughts

Loading feed...

Android Thoughts

Loading feed...

Go Back   Thoughts Media Forums > WINDOWS PHONE THOUGHTS > Windows Phone Software

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-24-2010, 07:32 AM
Gerard
Pontificator

You looked at some screenshots and declared it a failure? I've been using WM6.5.3 for quite a few months now, on two different phones, and have to say I disagree. I was suspicious at first, and agree that the screenshots left me unimpressed. But in actual use, every day, I find it's a major blessing just in the reduced necessity for popping out the stylus. If I need to input text I still use that, out of preference for Letter Recognizer, but otherwise for navigation of apps and reading information of whatever sorts it's very handy for one-handed use, like when I'm walking my kid back from school and holding his hand for instance, or holding a coffee... But if you don't want to use it, no one's forcing you. Go ahead and snipe from the peanut gallery, using trivial information for ammunition.

But what I'm posting again here for is really this:
http://news.slashdot.org/story/10/03...Windows-Mobile
DOH! There goes another long-anticipated glory for WM. On behalf of us lingering WM6.5.3 users, thanks for nothing, Microsoft. You've trashed our opportunity to have the best browser in the world on our phones, plugins and all. And it was getting so close. Oh well, there's still NetFront at least.