Digital Home Thoughts

Digital Home Thoughts - News & Reviews for the Digital Home

Register in our forums so you're ready for our next giveaway contest...

Zune Thoughts

Loading feed...

Apple Thoughts

Loading feed...

Laptop Thoughts

Loading feed...

Go Back   Thoughts Media Forums > DIGITAL HOME THOUGHTS > Digital Home Events

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 01-13-2010, 06:29 PM
cmchavez
Intellectual

Thanks again for the great headphones Jason. I've been using them for about a week now, previously my general use favorites have been a pair of in-ear bass boosting headphones from Phillips. The difference in sound quality is remarkable; while I do listen to music tracks on my iPod, I also listen to many podcasts throughout my regular workday. Especially with the music related shows, the sound quality from these headphones is comparable to 256 kbps tracks that I've ripped myself on iTunes.

The sound isolation properties are excellent as well. After trying out the various earpiece cushions to see which ones worked best, I finally settled in with the spherical rubber ones that I felt gave the best "seal" for blocking out external noise. I tried them out while watching my oldest son during one of his Irish Hardshoe classes; while I could still hear the sounds of his dance steps on a hardwood floor, it did not overwhelm the audio from some Armin Van Buuren tracks I was listening to at the same time. I have been able to reduce the volume that I listen to tracks also, but nothing like the levels that were purported in an online review of the same headphones.

They are as sturdy as reported and the included carrying case is a welcome addition also. My only minor quibble is that personally I would have preferred to have an "L" shaped connector on the cord that plugs into my iPod, but I can probably find a suitable cord online. At least the two piece design of the cords for these headphones makes that an option.

My rating out of 5 stars would be a 4.5 overall; if you are in the market for a new pair of headphones, I'd highly recommend these!