Zune Thoughts

Zune Thoughts.com

Thanks for visiting Zune Thoughts - be sure to register in our forums!

Laptop Thoughts

Loading feed...

Windows Phone Thoughts

Loading feed...

Digital Home Thoughts

Loading feed...

Go Back   Thoughts Media Forums > ZUNE THOUGHTS > Zune Talk

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 12-21-2009, 10:22 PM
Phillip Dyson
Mystic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ed Hansberry View Post
It is the role of the parent, but the parent needs the tools. I suspect this will come back in a form of parental controls somehow rather than just being enabled across the board. Windows has parental controls, and I further bolster those in my house by using OpenDNS with their filters. It is absurd to tell me that if I don't want my kids to see certain things on the internet I should keep them off of the internet. Simlarly the same for Twitter and objectionable language. I applaud the ZUne team for thinking of this, they just really messed up the execution.

I have kids and have gotten into numerous discussoins with people on both sides of the aisle. Most parents don't want anyone censoring info for them. They just want the tools to filter by their own standards. That is where the media, web services and software comes in.
Ed, I agree with you hear. As a new parent of a 14 year old I can identify. My response was based on, at least to me, Jason's article about people just wanting curse words.

I believe that tools and options should be available for parents (or anybody) to be able to put controls in place. I agree short of actually changing a created work, like a movie but that is another topic from long ago.

I agree that this was probably a freudian slip on the the Zune team's up coming parental controls. Which could also be a foreshadowing of a more robust application marketplace. And that is good for everyone.

Of course, I agree with Jason. Why wouldn't they just cop to it instead of this who "bug fix" response. Maybe there is something big on the horizon and they just didn't want any leaks about it before they were ready to annouceme something.

Phone: Nexus one Backup Phone: AT&T Samsung Jack; Future Phone: I'm Watching WP7; Media Player: Platinum Zune HD 32GB; Home Server: HP MediaSmart Server LX195 Console: XBox 360, PS3, Wii