Windows Phone Thoughts - Daily News, Views, Rants and Raves

Check out the hottest Windows Mobile devices at our Expansys store!

Digital Home Thoughts

Loading feed...

Laptop Thoughts

Loading feed...

Android Thoughts

Loading feed...

Go Back   Thoughts Media Forums > WINDOWS PHONE THOUGHTS > Windows Phone Articles & Resources

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 12-20-2009, 12:20 AM
Sven Johannsen
Editorial Contributor

A personal observation. I don't seem to have the issues with AT&T that most(many?) folks seem to have. I get decent data speeds, an rarely drop calls. I have to say I am not a heavy data or phone user, though I have both a WM phone (Pure) and an iPhone. I don't live in an excessively populated area, like New York, but it is a city.

That said, I signed a contract with AT&T that offerred me 'unlimited' data for a price, with the understanding that 'unlimited' meant 5G/month. I took the 'unlimited' to mean that AT&T would not charge me more for exceeding that ceiling, but I was prepared for them to take some other action. I expected data throttling or even cut off until the cycle was over. I have never hit that limit, far from it.

What I don't get is why AT&T has an issue, unless they are fraudulantly selling 5G of BW. For those that are exceeding it, I would think they would be perfectly within their rights to cut them off for the rest of the month. I do think they should make it dead simple to find out where you stand on data usage though. There should be an app for that If they indeed don't even have the capacity to support the 5G they contracted for, then there is an all together different issue, and I think it would be within my, and anyone's right to terminate the contract without prejudice. Yes I agreed to pay for 2 years, but they also agreed to provide specified service for that period.