Windows Phone Thoughts - Daily News, Views, Rants and Raves

Check out the hottest Windows Mobile devices at our Expansys store!

Digital Home Thoughts

Loading feed...

Laptop Thoughts

Loading feed...

Android Thoughts

Loading feed...

Go Back   Thoughts Media Forums > WINDOWS PHONE THOUGHTS > Windows Phone Hardware

Old 10-28-2009, 07:24 PM
luap42
Neophyte

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jon Westfall View Post
The little cap on top (which I consider far too lose-able, so keep tabs on where you place it!) covers the contacts used for charging in the car,...
Quote:
But whatever, the outlet is moved, for better or worse. While I think the new design makes a lot of sense for wall outlet charging, I could see potential troubles when charging in the car, as the USB cord would stick up perpendicular to the cigarette lighter plug. So depending on your particular car, an issue could arise.
Quote:
Another change on the new unit involves the power prongs that go into the wall. The previous unit kept the prongs tight up against the body of the charger, while the unit I received to review featured prongs that were larger and dangled a centimeter or so away from the device if held upside down. I figure this is probably due to the manufacturing process needing to be versatile enough to support putting either the UK or US plug on the unit. I don't foresee this being an issue other than the device could potentially get caught up while sliding it in and out of tight spaces (such as a gear bag). I also found that plugging the device into the wall required more care since the prongs were looser. If I plugged it in too quickly (and not straight on) the prongs were pushed back up into their folded position! I suppose that reinforces the good common sense approach - be nice to expensive toys and their accessories!
To say that this is the worst review I have read in a long time would be understating the case. The author notices plenty of flaws in design and yet still gives the device the thumbs up! He also fails to analyse that attempts to redesign a design fault in the previous version is now being marketed as a selling point! But worst of all he does not assess the quality of this rubbish, even though he does notice the weakest point for failure (the fold down power plug). He then goes on to say be nice to expensive accessories, rather than failing it on quality grounds!!!

Quote:
The VersaCharger performed as advertised, which is all I could ask for.
And what about quality and longevity, are these not required?!

Quote:
Conclusions
In short, the VersaCharger Pro by BoxWave will serve the mobile warrior quite well. You'll find extra space in the bag, and will be able to charge most anywhere you go. Pair it up with a retractable cable and you're set. Users of VersaCharger may want to upgrade if their current power needs are not being met by the older design, or if they desire the USB port to be on the front.
Abysmal review, not worth the time or effort of reading.