Apple Thoughts

Apple Thoughts - News & Reviews on all things Apple

Be sure to register in our forums and post your comments - we want to hear from you!

Android Thoughts

Loading feed...

Laptop Thoughts

Loading feed...

Digital Home Thoughts

Loading feed...

Go Back   Thoughts Media Forums > APPLE THOUGHTS > Apple News

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 09-04-2009, 09:55 PM
Sven Johannsen
Editorial Contributor

OK, I didn't notice the link, that lead to the link, that lead to the report. A report put out by an ad company to highlight the amount of ads being accessed by folks at WiFi hotspots. It is an interesting phenomena that the vaste majority of ads accessed by folks from handhelds are from iDevices.

Not sure, but I could attribute some of that to the way I believe iPhones handle connectivity. Mine, in proximity of a WiFi signal it knows about, will prefer that to using cell data. Certainly happens that way at home, but haven't had the opportunity to try that at Starbucks, Panera, etc. At the very least I note that it provides me that option when I try to access something that requires internet connectivity, and it sees the WiFi availability. I tend to leave WiFi turned on on my iPhone, as it doesn't appear to cost me any battery life, unless I am actually running an app that makes use of it. I don't do that on my WinMo phones, so when at Starbucks with those, I am using the cell network as opposed to WiFi for internet access.