Windows Phone Thoughts - Daily News, Views, Rants and Raves

Check out the hottest Windows Mobile devices at our Expansys store!

Digital Home Thoughts

Loading feed...

Laptop Thoughts

Loading feed...

Android Thoughts

Loading feed...

Go Back   Thoughts Media Forums > WINDOWS PHONE THOUGHTS > Windows Phone Talk

Old 03-16-2009, 11:59 PM
Reid Kistler
Philosopher

Apparently the Qtek 2020i is the same device as the HTC Alpine: there is an active users group for the Alpine at xda (http://forum.xda-developers.com): someone there might be able to answer your questions.

Also: would suggest checking first with Qteck (or perhaps HTC?) to see whether either OFFICIALLY supports an Update for the device. Sometimes HTC will offer a GENERIC update, but applying it will cost you whatever Customization Qtek did.
(This info might be found at xda as well.)

Would not be surprised if the guys at xda offer some "updates" - but note that those are (almost?) always Home Grown: if you try one, and it FAILS, you may end up with an Expensive Brick!

If it were my pda/phone, would also search internet for other User Groups: these tend to be a good source of info, and it appears that few, if any, people here actually own a version of your device, or you would have heard from them.

Good Luck!

PS: am "Certain" you can Buy a Commercial app - & probably more than one - that would allow you to access / convert your media files. Have never needed to do so, but recall seeing ads floating around.

WM2003SE is getting long in the tooth - my Axim is OLD & it runs that OS - but you can still find software for it, and most (if not all) of the commercial apps have purchased still offer updates...