Apple Thoughts

Apple Thoughts - News & Reviews on all things Apple

Be sure to register in our forums and post your comments - we want to hear from you!

Android Thoughts

Loading feed...

Laptop Thoughts

Loading feed...

Digital Home Thoughts

Loading feed...

Go Back   Thoughts Media Forums > APPLE THOUGHTS > Apple Talk

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-18-2008, 02:26 AM
Pony99CA
Swami
Default Fairness and Time

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vincent Ferrari View Post
Hey Steve! Long time no see!
If New Posts allowed selecting which forums to view, you wouldn't have seen me now, so blame that. (I'd probably screen out Zune and Apple Thoughts because I don't really use a Zune or Apple products. Not that I dislike them -- I just use other stuff.)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vincent Ferrari View Post
Notice the tense: present. I have an issue with anyone saying that a product is crap (and he said it with plenty of authority, too) just because they had a bad experience a few years ago.
So if he'd instead said "their computers left much to be desired", that would have been OK?

Steve Jobs has been CEO since 1997, Apple has been making Macs for over 24 years now, so Crash's experience, while admittedly not timely, is at least on the same playing field.

Had Apple been a new company back then, or even been under a different CEO, those might be reasons why it wasn't fair. However, you didn't present any evidence that things had changed, just that the story was old. If things have changed, by all means share that.

I'm not saying Apple does a good or bad job -- as I said, I don't use their products currently (although I do have an Apple ][+ in my attic and generally have a positive opinion of Apple other than thinking they're control freaks). I just don't think criticiziing the post as unfair without indicating things have changed is, well, fair.

Fair enough?

Steve