Apple Thoughts

Apple Thoughts - News & Reviews on all things Apple

Be sure to register in our forums and post your comments - we want to hear from you!

Android Thoughts

Loading feed...

Laptop Thoughts

Loading feed...

Digital Home Thoughts

Loading feed...

Go Back   Thoughts Media Forums > APPLE THOUGHTS > Apple Software (iPhone/iPod Touch/iPad)

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-09-2008, 07:41 AM
jimtravis
Pupil
Default Don't agree the touch is best multimedia device

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vincent Ferrari View Post
The iPhone / Touch is the best multimedia device ever, but it's nowhere near the best gaming device? Good? Yes, for certain kinds of games, but it's no PSP / DS.
The iPhone / touch are definitely nice multimedia devices, and while I respect your opinion, I disagree. After using both the touch (iPhone does not meet my smartphone needs), and Archos 605 / Archos 5 extensively, IMO the Achos devices are far better multimedia devices. The Archos devices have bigger screens, higher resolution screens, play more codecs natively, stream from NAS/web effortlessly, support 720 x 480, and most importantly, record directly to the device. After using the Archos 5 for any length of time, the touch's screen seems puny.

I am not a gamer, but after watching many playing PSP's etc on the bus, it seems the lack of physical buttons would detract from the gaming experience?