Zune Thoughts

Zune Thoughts.com

Thanks for visiting Zune Thoughts - be sure to register in our forums!

Laptop Thoughts

Loading feed...

Windows Phone Thoughts

Loading feed...

Digital Home Thoughts

Loading feed...

Go Back   Thoughts Media Forums > ZUNE THOUGHTS > Zune Hardware

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 08-22-2008, 05:02 PM
Jason Dunn
Executive Editor

Quote:
Originally Posted by mszunefan View Post
No near death means that there hasn't been any real news until just now and the Candian launch was so big that they just forgot to tell us how much it bombed.
See, here's the whole problem with what you're saying: somehow, and I'm not sure why, you're under the impression that there should be "big Zune news" every 30 days or something. The Zune 2.5 release, which was a big release with lots of new features, was three months ago. 90 days or so. As in, pretty recently?

You somehow believe that the Zune team can move so fast that they should be releasing new features, and new Zunes, every couple of months. Apple doesn't do that. Samsung doesn't do that. SanDisk doesn't do that. Nobody does that. So why on earth do you think the Zune team can do that? Your expectations for the Zune team are COMPLETELY unrealistic and every time you express this opinion it only serves to show how ignorant you are.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mszunefan View Post
Also when you go against a big competitor like Apple, wouldn't it make sense to use all your gun powder and attack them full force with a killer product with even more killer features? Instead the Zune Team has used a sparkler to so some slight sparkling hopes but after 10 mins it has fizzled out.
Ok, so your theory is that the Zune team has killer products and killer ideas about killer features but they're somehow not implementing them? Why, because they're lazy? Or they're saving them for something specialy? Get real. Killer products and killer features take time, and I'd say that the second generation Zune was a huge leap above the 1.0 Zune, and the 2.5 update improved the Zune another big step. Microsoft is making improvements, and you may not think they're big enough, but it's unfair of you to claim that they're not doing anything. Doing nothing was what they did with the Zune 1.0 - there were no real firmware or software improvements for a whole year, which sucked. That was them doing nothing. But we saw what they were really focused on when the Zune 2.0 came out...

PLEASE enjoy your iPod and stop posting here. Go join an Apple community and complain there about how much the Zune sucks - you'll get a lot of support for your opinion over on that side of the fence.