Apple Thoughts

Loading feed...

Go Back   Thoughts Media Forums > Thoughts Media Status Updates

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 05-11-2008, 03:17 AM
Forester1
Neophyte
Default New Server

Hi Jason! I'm brand new to your site (yes, the Dragon contest), but I'm an IT guy. You didn't mention if they charged you an arm and a leg for the new server, so I hope not. Some hardware is stuck in what they can put into it. I have a server at this moment that is out of drive space, but it already has the largest drives that model will take. So I am trying to get a different model up before our AP department runs the disk completely out of space. Anyway, they may be valid in their assertions. depending on the make and model of the server. Still, since you are only renting, I would think the swap would be made at a reasonable price. There may not be a lot of choices in what vendors are available where you are? Depending on your budget these days, some pretty fast HP and Dell servers are available out there in the $2500 USD range, but maybe you don't want to mess with being an owner, with upkeep, maintenance and patching responsibilities.
Like you say, the hope is this will keep you up and running for a long time. Congrats on the new hardware, this site seems to be doing fine!