¹ Wild and Crazy Zune Phone Speculation (Again) - Thoughts Media Forums Zune Thoughts

Zune Thoughts.com

Thanks for visiting Zune Thoughts - be sure to register in our forums!

Laptop Thoughts

Loading feed...

Windows Phone Thoughts

Loading feed...

Digital Home Thoughts

Loading feed...

Go Back   Thoughts Media Forums > ZUNE THOUGHTS > Zune News

Old 04-16-2008, 02:54 AM
bubuschoeny
Pupil
Default MSFT Needs to get their butts in gear.

I don't ever see a Zune phone happening, all it will do is canalize customers from other winmo vendors. I see not on but two os editions being born on business oriented and one consumer oriented. The Zune market place (however sucky) a software application for both devices.

Microsoft needs to do to things to Make Win Mo 7 a success.

1. Needs a kick ass UI (One that will give the Iphone UI a run for its money). This going to have to include some serious quality control on hardware devices to make sure the UI is not sluggish or slow in any way (Force hardware vendors to use better hardware and not the minimum specs need to run the os). The UI should also be consistent with other Microsoft products. If I where Microsoft I would be taking a look at GUI technology like pointui that already offers a proven UI on top of Win Mo.

2. Tight integration with all other Microsoft products, making it a very fluid ecosystem. Microsoft is going to have to streamline the whole sync process and make it very easy to use (at least at the consumer edition). Microsoft will need to make it very easy (and fun) to plug and play the mobile devices with its entire product line (Zune, Sync, Vista, Xbox, etc). Microsoft will also need support a full-fledged media/software store (Including TV Shows/Movies will be a must) to compete with Itunes.