Loading feed...

Apple Thoughts

Loading feed...

Go Back   Thoughts Media Forums > Thoughts Media Off Topic

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 12-15-2006, 06:30 PM
disconnected
Sage

Sprint data is beginning to look very cheap.

I have an old voice plan -- 85.00 family plan for two phones and 2000 shared minutes, and a 40.00 unlimited phone-as-modem option (EV-DO) on my phone.

I just went to the Sprint website and went part way through the order process as a new subscriber. I chose one phone -- the WM Treo. The voice plans for that phone ranged from 29.99 for 200 minutes to 99.99 for 2000 minutes. Unlimited web access can be added (to even the cheapest voice plan) for 15.00.

I need the phone-as-modem plan because I'm not converged (still have an iPAQ 4700 for the large VGA screen). This option can also be used with a laptop, although I've never gotten around to trying it; my laptop has bluetooth, so I really should at least check it out.

For some reason Sprint doesn't allow you to choose both the unlimited web access option (on the phone) and the phone-as-modem option, which doesn't bother me but could be a problem for some people that want data on both the Treo and a laptop.

SMS options are extra -- from 5.00 for 300 SMS text messages to 15.00 for unlimited text messages. I've never sent a text message, so know nothing about that. ops:

I think Sprint is starting to roll out their next generation of high-speed data, so I suppose they'll adjust the prices upwards.