Apple Thoughts

Loading feed...

Go Back   Thoughts Media Forums > Thoughts Media Off Topic

Old 05-06-2004, 03:07 AM
Kati Compton
5000+ Posts? I Should OWN This Site!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kacey Green
These poll questions cover all the bases my only complaint is 0 hours can be intrepreted as everthing under 1hr or a literal 0.00 hours. I never thought about how much time I spend online before.
Well, if someone is online 0.00 hours, they won't be able to answer the poll, will they? But then again, they won't be *reading* the poll, so they won't feel left out.

Old 05-06-2004, 03:10 AM
Kacey Green
Pontificator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kati Compton
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kacey Green
These poll questions cover all the bases my only complaint is 0 hours can be intrepreted as everthing under 1hr or a literal 0.00 hours. I never thought about how much time I spend online before.
Well, if someone is online 0.00 hours, they won't be able to answer the poll, will they? But then again, they won't be *reading* the poll, so they won't feel left out.
:lol:

Old 05-06-2004, 03:10 AM
Kevin C. Tofel
Thinker

Although we don't have a ton of replies, I find it interesting how many hours folks are using the internet as a "medium". It used to be: "The average American watches x # of hours of TV"......will this change to reflect web usage???

It's really become another "utility" in my mind: phone, TV, electric, internet, etc.....

KCT

Old 05-07-2004, 01:55 AM
OSUKid7
Mystic

I can't even imagine not being online. Seeing as I go to school, I prolly spend about 4 hours online every weekday, and close to 7 on the weekends. That's still only 34 hours.

Weird thing is, no one in my family is really into computers. I talked my dad into getting one when I was in second grade, and we finally got AOL 3.0 in 1997. Now I can't imaging going more than a few hours without being online...what a life.

Old 05-07-2004, 02:16 AM
dh
Mystic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevin C. Tofel
Although we don't have a ton of replies, I find it interesting how many hours folks are using the internet as a "medium". It used to be: "The average American watches x # of hours of TV"......will this change to reflect web usage???

It's really become another "utility" in my mind: phone, TV, electric, internet, etc.....

KCT
I think you are right and it is happening already.
Right now for example, I'm here using my Thinkpad, my daughter is using AIM on out Mac and I'm listening to Mets vs Giants over Vision on my phone.

Who needs TV?

Old 05-14-2004, 03:46 AM
Mitch D
Sage

I had to sit back and think before I answered, like so many in the computer industry (I work retail) I spend alot of time researching product, on line training, newsletters, forums, IT news sites, PocketPC sites, etc. I spend to dang much time on line during the day, but I choose this type of work and looking for new toys doesn't help...