Apple Thoughts

Loading feed...

Go Back   Thoughts Media Forums > Thoughts Media Off Topic

Old 02-18-2004, 12:54 AM
yuit
Pupil

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zippper
Yuit - it doesn't seem to matter what other people say - you stand firmly entrenched in your position. You seem very close minded.

If you are unwilling to seriously consider any other viewpoint other than your own - what is the point of your postings?? You seem intent in beating your viewpoint into anyone who will listen (read). I cannot help but wonder if you have some sort of vested interest here.

You've made your viewpoint clear. Why don't you sit back (quietly) and let some other people have their chance? I'm sure, by now, you've realized that your not convincing anyone.
1) Who died and made you a moderator ?

2) The conversation we were having was quite civil with no personal attacks until your post.

3) As a wanna be moderator, perhaps you should read the posting guidelines again.

Old 02-18-2004, 01:13 AM
Dave Potter
Thinker

Quote:
Originally Posted by yuit
Quote:
Yuit - it doesn't seem to matter what other people say - you stand firmly entrenched in your position. You seem very close minded.

If you are unwilling to seriously consider any other viewpoint other than your own - what is the point of your postings?? You seem intent in beating your viewpoint into anyone who will listen (read). I cannot help but wonder if you have some sort of vested interest here.

You've made your viewpoint clear. Why don't you sit back (quietly) and let some other people have their chance? I'm sure, by now, you've realized that your not convincing anyone.
1) Who died and made you a moderator ?

2) The conversation we were having was quite civil with no personal attacks until your post.

3) As a wanna be moderator, perhaps you should read the posting guidelines again.
I'm sorry if you perceived my post as a personal attack - it wasn't. I just coudn't help but notice that a disproportionately high number of posts in this thread came from you. I also noticed that many of them seemed quite confrontational (at least to me). Perhaps it was just my perception - I'd be interested to hear some others opinions on that.

As for your response - it is quite possible the most hostile response that I have received since joining this community. I am not a moderator - nor do I aspire to be one (nothing against moderators - the ones here at PPCT are the best I've encountered anywhere) but I am entitled to my opinion - just as you are - and everyone else for that matter. And that was ultimately my point. Relax and give some others a chance to express their opinions without fearing that they will have to debate them with you.

I find it interesting that my posting did not draw a moderator response - whereas yours did. It makes me wonder which one of us really needs to read the posting guidlines here.

That all I'm going to say about this.

Old 02-18-2004, 01:56 AM
yuit
Pupil

Quote:
I'm sorry if you perceived my post as a personal attack - it wasn't.
I don't know your definition of personal attacks but these qualify:

Quote:
You seem very close minded.
Quote:
I cannot help but wonder if you have some sort of vested interest here.
Quote:
I just couldn't help but notice that a disproportionately high number of posts in this thread came from you.
I've made 6 posts in this thread (7 including this one). huangzhinong has made 5, jkendrick 9, jacob 5. Again, I don't know what dictionary you go by, but mine says that I'm not being "disproportionate".

Quote:
I also noticed that many of them seemed quite confrontational (at least to me). Perhaps it was just my perception - I'd be interested to hear some others opinions on that.
feel free to go ahead and quote any messages of mine that you feel were confrontational or personal attacks against a fellow member.

Quote:
As for your response - it is quite possible the most hostile response that I have received since joining this community. I am not a moderator - nor do I aspire to be one (nothing against moderators - the ones here at PPCT are the best I've encountered anywhere) but I am entitled to my opinion - just as you are - and everyone else for that matter. And that was ultimately my point. Relax and give some others a chance to express their opinions without fearing that they will have to debate them with you.
And your's is the most hostile response I've received here too. :lol:

Frankly, its not your business to tell me or anybody else to shut up. I do disagree with the majority opinion here, but I have been cordial, and haven't gone about attacking anyone else, or telling others to keep quite, unlike you.

Quote:
I find it interesting that my posting did not draw a moderator response - whereas yours did. It makes me wonder which one of us really needs to read the posting guidelines here.
did you even bother to read Steve's response ?

1) It was addressed to both you and me
2) He told us to drop the matter (which you ignored)
3) You then provoke me into this response :roll: