Windows Phone Thoughts - Daily News, Views, Rants and Raves

Check out the hottest Windows Mobile devices at our Expansys store!

Digital Home Thoughts

Loading feed...

Laptop Thoughts

Loading feed...

Android Thoughts

Loading feed...

Go Back   Thoughts Media Forums > WINDOWS PHONE THOUGHTS > Windows Phone Thoughts Site Updates

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-24-2003, 09:14 PM
minimage
Ponderer

Female here, but I normally don't disclose that fact. I've been on the net since I got my first email account in 1993, and I've lost count of the times I saw guys on the net asking if there were any females who wanted bf's, or asking me, when my gender was revealed, if I wanted a bf or asking for <ahem> pictures. I helped a guy out via PM on a Dell forum, and his response was "You're the man!" I thought about correcting him, but decided against it. I guess I'm still in cautious mode.

I've been to this forum before, but didn't register until today. I'm on a lot of computer-related forums (I'm seriously a forum junkie), and my list is sorted alphabetically, so, well, it took a four-day weekend for me to get back here <grin>.

I know of at least 3 other females in my department at work who use PDAs. Of course, we are the IT department! In 1999 my department issued Palm Pilots to the workstation support techs and other staff members; that was the first time I was able to use a PDA, and I was hooked ever since. I've bought 3 PDAs of my own since then; my current constant companion is an Axim X5 Advanced. I don't pump gas, watch a movie, fix a user's pc, or even sleep without it.

Oh, yeah, and when I was 8, my best friend, also a girl, told me her brothers said dolls were for sissies, so I gave them up, but it wasn't until l2001 that someone finally gave me the remote control car I'd always wanted. My husband is such a sweetie!

Makeup? After I give Dell, Asus, Kingston, CompUSA, Circuit City and a host of others my money, there's none left for that goop! Purses? No! Shoes? Every year or so, my tennis shoes start looking a bit ragged, so I buy a new pair! Dresses? What makes you think I'm going to crawl under a user's desk in a skirt? Mirror? Yeah, I use one first thing in the morning, and at night when I remove my contact lenses. Colored PDA? Ok, well, I do love teal...