Loading feed...

Apple Thoughts

Loading feed...

Go Back   Thoughts Media Forums > Thoughts Media Off Topic

Old 10-20-2003, 12:52 AM
cooldw57
Pupil
Send a message via MSN to cooldw57

I HATE RED SOX~~~~and dont ask me why 8)

Old 10-20-2003, 02:46 AM
Kati Compton
5000+ Posts? I Should OWN This Site!

Quote:
Originally Posted by cooldw57
I HATE RED SOX~~~~and dont ask me why 8)
I'll restrain my curiosity. It'll be tough, though. Okay, everybody, hold hands... We can make it through this challenge together...

Old 10-26-2003, 04:35 AM
famousdavis
Philosopher

Oooooo-la-la!!!

It's time to start callin' my friends who are New York transplants!!!

:lol:

Old 10-26-2003, 05:04 AM
Janak Parekh
Editor Emeritus

Quote:
Originally Posted by famousdavis
It's time to start callin' my friends who are New York transplants!!!
:twak: Don't be mean.

--janak

Old 10-26-2003, 01:47 PM
dh
Mystic

Must say, the Marlins deserved to win as it turned out. Great pitching last night.

I wonder what George is going to do now. His team is nothing like the Yankees of a few years ago.

Wells and Clemmons are effectivly done, the bullpen sucks, other than Rivera of course, and there is no third baseman to speak of. Giambi, the big free agent? they would have done better to wait a bit and hire Thome. He's a guy who performs when things get tough.

And what about that play at home plate? Posada had plenty of time to get that guy out.

Anyway, it looks as though we are in for an interesting NL East next year. Braves and Phillies fighting for the NL wildcard.

Old 10-26-2003, 06:38 PM
Janak Parekh
Editor Emeritus

Quote:
Originally Posted by dh
I wonder what George is going to do now. His team is nothing like the Yankees of a few years ago.
Well, as he's slowly discovering, blind spending doesn't work.

Quote:
Wells and Clemmons are effectivly done, the bullpen sucks, other than Rivera of course, and there is no third baseman to speak of. Giambi, the big free agent? they would have done better to wait a bit and hire Thome. He's a guy who performs when things get tough.
Clemens is retiring -- no problem there. I expect the team not to invite Wells back now. Weaver, Contreras, and Lieber will be taking spots in the rotation, unless Weaver isn't back either. The bullpen is actually OK, they did a commendable job in this series with the exception of Contreras in Game 5, but he was a starter pitching in 0 days rest -- they're not trained for that.

Boone is a problem -- he failed in the clutch. He is a decent hitter, though, so if he's not too expensive he'll be back. It's widely known now that Giambi is hitting poorly because of a knee that needs surgery. Expect him to roar back with a vengeance next year.

Quote:
Anyway, it looks as though we are in for an interesting NL East next year. Braves and Phillies fighting for the NL wildcard.
What about the Marlins again?

--janak

Old 10-26-2003, 07:03 PM
dh
Mystic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Janak Parekh
What about the Marlins again?
That's what I mean. Marlins winning the division, the only hope for Braves and Phillies being the wildcard shot.

I hope it isn't the case, I'm a Phillies fan, but I can see it happening.

Hey, George could always hire Milwood.

Old 10-26-2003, 07:05 PM
Janak Parekh
Editor Emeritus

Quote:
Originally Posted by dh
I hope it isn't the case, I'm a Phillies fan, but I can see it happening.
I wouldn't guarantee it. I doubt Pudge will be back next year -- he's going to command huge $$ -- and unless the Marlins are willing to spend lots more money, the team is going to lose a few key players. On the other hand, the rotation might be the next A's: Beckett, Penny, and Burnett are locked up, right? If Redman and Pavano are back next year, that'll be pretty darn solid -- and young.

One of the major wildcards is if McKeon will be back next year. He is in his mid-70s... and it's great to go out on a winning note. You knew that Cincinnati was screwed the moment they just fired him as a fall guy for the team's woes...

--janak