Digital Home Thoughts

Loading feed...

Apple Thoughts

Loading feed...

Go Back   Thoughts Media Forums > Thoughts Media Off Topic

Old 07-13-2003, 03:26 AM
bmhome1
Intellectual

The Casio S3 is the current thinnest, credit card size, quality digital camera (the Z3 and Optio are twice as thick for zoom lens feature). It is something to see in person and actually try using, its a techno achivement because it is not only miniscule, but also functions wonderfully. The pictures can be amazingly good. Full review (with downloadable full file images) at Steves-digicams.com. Large RadioShack's have them on display. Its a great companion to my 3955 (pop in the SD card and view large screen) and far better than any of the CF/SD camera PPC add-ons.

Old 07-13-2003, 05:55 AM
droppedd
Thinker

bah. a 3MP pocket cam is way too expensive these days, and the Logitech pocket cam is .3 megapixels (1 MP interpolated, which is BS) and supposedly takes horrendous photos.

The Minolta Dimage is starting to get into my price range now, and that's pretty small with an optical zoom... hmm... but i ain't gonna drop no $300 on a camera that I'm just buying to carry around and take snapshots. I already have a pretty decent real digital camera with optical zoom at 2 MP, and it's plenty; it's just inconvenient to bring when i'm just out with my friends.

Seriously considering the FlyCam SD or CF with a flash, though... they look kinda nice.

Old 07-13-2003, 03:25 PM
GoldKey
Pontificator

Quote:
Originally Posted by droppedd
bah. a 3MP pocket cam is way too expensive these days, and the Logitech pocket cam is .3 megapixels (1 MP interpolated, which is BS) and supposedly takes horrendous photos.
While definitely not 1.3 MP, the pictures from the Logitech are servicable. Here is a shot I had to take for a fallen tree for a resident in our neighborhood.

I always carry this camera. It is for those times I need a picture of something and am not carrying my S30. As a companion camera, these work out great. The problem is that too many people compare them to their $400 cameras with which they cant compete. They make up for their quality in their spontenaity.