Intellectual
Send a message via AIM to MikeUnwired Send a message via Yahoo to MikeUnwired

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chairman Clench
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason Dunn
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuccessWizard
CompUSA has the 100,000 piece package called Photo Clip Art for just $9.99 after "Instant Savings." I took the ad to Best Buy and they price matched. It's funny that the 100,000 piece package is only 7 CD's and my Volume 1 Photo Objects package of 50,000 was 8 CD's. For the life of me, other than a difference in the desktop interface, I can't see a content difference between Photo Clip Art and Photo Objects, but, maybe there is...
I can't remember what the exact difference is (I don't have the Photo Clip Art products), but I think it's the resolution - I think the Photo Clip Art package is limited to 100 dpi or something similar, whereas the Photo Objects version I'm talking about is full of 600 dpi images suitable for printing. If you're doing just Web work, the Photo Clip Art might be perfect!
The resolution is different and also the 100,000 collection doesn't support 32-bit transparencies, all you can do is add a fill color to the pic when exporting it. I think it's kind of misleading because the packaging and instructions all lead you to believe that you can export the image with a transparency. No great worry, though... it isn't too hard to make a color transparent.
Yeah, and it was only nine bucks after the price match, so I don't mind too much.

I'll probably pick-up Photo Objects III just because I would hope it has the most up-to-date tech graphics of all the packages. For instance, the laptops in version I and the Photo Clips are circa 1993 stuff. The only PDAs in the Photo Clips are a couple of old Visor units -- that's it!

Whatever pack you get, they are much nicer than the typical clip art that most programs come with.