Loading feed...

Apple Thoughts

Loading feed...

Go Back   Thoughts Media Forums > Thoughts Media Off Topic

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 05-10-2003, 06:14 PM
dh
Mystic

Oooops, I'm making a comment after the last word.

Anyway, I worked in a dealership for a while, during a time that my own business was doing real bad and I had bills to pay.

The car industry is all done by numbers. The salespeople are expected to return a certain percentage of demos, write-ups and closing of all people that walk in.

By going into the dealership and taking a testdrive, you are getting the salesperson's demo percentage up which helps him. Of course he needs a percentage of demo drivers to actually buy something, but most do. In the three months I did it, over 65% of people that I let drive a car bought it.

As I mentioned before, some dealers tend to pre-qualify customers and won't even talk to people that don't look "right". If it's a kid wanting to drive the car, how do you know his dad won't come back and buy it for him? Happened to me all the time.

Let's face it, most people think car dealerships suck. (In fact, yes they do). But even if someone just goes to take a drive for the $50.00, if they are treated well they are going to tell people they were. All good marketing.