Apple Thoughts

Loading feed...

Go Back   Thoughts Media Forums > Thoughts Media Off Topic

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04-23-2003, 06:11 PM
lonesniper
Intellectual

Taken from http://www.infosyncworld.com/reviews/n/3460.html
� Audio quality through the main speaker in back was very good. Through the stereo headphone jack, it was even better, on par with most other advanced-audio-sporting devices on the market.�
So I think it does have a speaker, even though the Palm fact sheet never mentions it.

Personally I am a PalmOS user and still use my orange visor. The reason I spend lots of time reading Thoughts now is I am planning on an upgrade, and the PalmOS does not do what I want anymore. I love the OS and looked forward to OS5 in hopes some of the magic of BeOS would be included. My upgrade requirement now is �must play .WMV files� and that means PPC. Kinoma Player is great, but the Producer does not accept .WMV files and there are too many steps in converting a file just so I can watch �The Drew Carey Show� on the bus.

If I did not want this function then I would be looking to upgrade to a new PalmOS model probably a Sony Clie.

I think the new Tungsten C and Zire71 are great for both Palm and the PPC. It broadens the market, pushes development and makes companies strive to have the latest and greatest PDA.

It is nice to see Palm have finally woken up and innovated for a change.