Windows Phone Thoughts - Daily News, Views, Rants and Raves

Check out the hottest Windows Mobile devices at our Expansys store!

Digital Home Thoughts

Loading feed...

Laptop Thoughts

Loading feed...

Android Thoughts

Loading feed...

Go Back   Thoughts Media Forums > WINDOWS PHONE THOUGHTS > Windows Phone Mobile Operators

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 02-29-2008, 11:50 PM
Jason Dunn
Executive Editor
Default Fido Releases Motorola Q9h and Samsung JACK in Canada, Idiotic Data Plan Pricing Means No One Cares

http://micro.newswire.ca/release.cg...58511-2&Start=0

"Fido customers can now make sure they 'never lose out on anything', with unlimited personal emails available with most popular domains, 3G high-speed mobile browsing and the ability to view and edit Word and Excel documents and view presentations on Windows Mobile 6 powered devices, the Motorola Q9 and Samsung JACK. Windows Mobile is a mobile platform that offers the convenience of staying connected while on the go, while still delivering the familiar experience and functionality of a desktop PC. Customers will be able to create, view, edit and send Microsoft Office documents, plus send and receive unlimited emails from up to 5 email accounts, including Hotmail, Yahoo, Gmail and other POP3/IMAP accounts."

[images courtesy of the::unwired]

Fido has released two Windows Mobile Standard smartphones into the market, and as you can tell by my scathing title, they still haven't fixed the problem with their data plans. The phones themselves are quite expensive - $475 for the Q9h with a two year contract, whereas the JACK is $400 with the same two year contract. More details on the Q9h can be found here, and the details on the JACK are found here. Fido's data rate plans are so ridiculous I'm going to talk about them in a separate post...