Windows Phone Thoughts - Daily News, Views, Rants and Raves

Check out the hottest Windows Mobile devices at our Expansys store!

Digital Home Thoughts

Loading feed...

Laptop Thoughts

Loading feed...

Android Thoughts

Loading feed...

Go Back   Thoughts Media Forums > WINDOWS PHONE THOUGHTS > Windows Phone Articles & Resources

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 06-26-2007, 02:00 PM
Mike Temporale
Editor Emeritus
Default Detailed Review of the HP Voice Messenger at PocketPCSoft.net

http://www.pocketpcsoft.net/php/hp%20ipaq%20514%20review.php

"Some may say the device is nothing special, it isn't bleeding edge technology having a 1.3 MP camera, and a 200mhz CPU, however I believe HP have done this deliberately in order to get a good battery life and a low weight. The quoted specs say the battery is a 1100 mAh Lithium-Ion (user changeable), with a talk time of up to 6.5 hours and a standby time of up to 6.7 days (160 hours). In my experience the battery life is excellent, the first day I received the unit I charged it and turned it on Wednesday at 2:30pm, I got a low battery warning Sunday night. The call log showed a total of 2hr 2mins of calls, I had done a fair bit GPRS Data sync with push email, and also used WiFi for a short time."

User submitted image

We've seen the first look comments and initial impressions of this device. Now it's time for the full on review. It looks like PocketPCSoft.net likes the overall experience of the phone. I still think it's a mistake to under spec the device as much as HP did. It would be nice if there was a little more under the hood, even if it meant a day or so less of battery life. The PocketPCSoft review looks at the voice commander software that comes included on the phone and how well it performs. It's worth a read - even if you don't plan on getting the device. With any luck, there might be a updated version around the corner.